I feel that I don’t need to tell you again how much a) I love wraps and b) how awesome halloumi is; because I have banged on about them both so much before that you already know this recipe is gonna be pretty delicious! So instead I’m just going to share a cheese joke… (because who doesn’t love a good cheese joke);
Q. What did the cheese say when it looked in the mirror
Makes 4 wraps
For the slaw
- 80g red cabbage – finely sliced
- 1 carrot – peeled and grated
- 1 yellow pepper – de-seeded and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Twist black pepper
For the avocado mayonnaise
- 1 avocado – skin and stone removed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
For the spicy beans
- 300g tin mixed beans
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large wraps
- 250g halloumi – cut into slices about 5mm thick
- Hackfull Rocket
- ¼ Cucumber – seeds removed and finely sliced
- Baby gem lettuce – roughly chopped
Start by prepping all your add-on, as these can just be set aside until ready to assemble
For the slaw, simply mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
For the avocado mayonnaise, put all the ingredients in a blender and whiz until smooth
Mix all the ingredients together for the spicy beans in a microwave bowl and when you start grilling the halloumi heat up in the microwave for 2 minutes.
To grill the halloumi, heat a griddle pan to a medium-high temperature and fry the halloumi for a minute on each side, until charred (it may need longer depending on the thickness and how hot your griddle pan is).
Warm the wraps for 20 seconds in the microwave and then lay out all your different dishes so that you can load up, wrap and roll!