I was graced with a lovely WordPress surprise yesterday when I hit the ‘Publish’ button on my Spanish lamb chop post; and I was informed that it was my 500th blog post. Can you believe that I have posted 500 recipes??!! – I certainly can’t!
As I clearly missed my cause for celebration yesterday, I thought I would pop open a bottle of (imaginary) bubbly (aka wine) and reflect on some of my favourite recipes, and so keeping with the 5 theme, here are my top 5’s. Is your favourite among them?;
Ultimate Favourite Eats – So, I have taken officially hours sifting through my favourite blog posts and in no particular order, these bad boys are quite possible my favourites…..
- Rack of lamb with cabbage parcels, shallot puree and red wine jus – this was quite possible the most delicious thing ever!!
- Fresh crab pappardelle pasta – because Colin the crab (or crap as I originally described) holds a special place in my heart.
- Moroccan Chicken Tagine – we were taught how to make this while in Morocco, and in it officially awesome!
- Barbecued Thai sea bass with grilled green vegetable curry sauce – quite possibly the best thing I’ve ever eaten from the bbq.
- Lemon cheesecake ice cream – need I say more!
Sam’s top 5 – Sam actually couldn’t think of a top 5 (apparently I didn’t give him enough time), but I would love to hear if any of you have a favourite hmwm recipe?
My Favourite Bakes – As we are mid Great British Bake off season, then I thought I best throw this one into the mix;
- Spiced squash cake with orange cream cheese icing
- Billionaire Shortbread
- Sticky ginger cake with salted caramel icing
- Brie and bacon bloomer loaf
- Raspberry Bakewell tart
The 5 recipes that I re-make the most – because I don’t actually cook something new everyday, these are my favourite recipes that I make again and again and again
Fave Pictures – because a picture says 1000 words (and makes you drool!)
- Parsnip and apple cake
- Curried scotch eggs
- Salt and pepper chargrilled squid with chilli and mint dressing
- Pulled pork with apple sauce
- Wild Mushroom arancini
Now onto the next 500!!!!