This recipe is great for a meatless Monday, and although it’s a salad and free of any meat, its delicious and surprisingly filling. I say surprisingly, as salads have a reputation of for being a light meal, but after eating a bowl-full of this delight I felt the need to go for a walk, as I was too full to sit down and fester! So not only is it relatively healthy but also inspires light exercise – the perfect dinner for a Monday night after an indulgent weekend!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes – peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 small red onions – peeled and quartered
- 1 red pepper – de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper – de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tomatoes – quartered
- 100g feta cheese – cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tbsp chopped black olives
- 2 tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes
- Selection of salad leaves
- 2 eggs – poached, to serve.
Preheat the oven to 180’C
In an oven proof dish, toss the sweet potato with the oil and then roast in the oven for 15 minutes
Add the onions and peppers to the dish and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and the balsamic vinegar and bake for a further 15 minutes
Finally, scatter over the feta cheese and put back in the oven for a final 10 minutes.
Remove the veg from the oven and toss together with the leaves, olives and sundried tomatoes.
Top with your poached egg and enjoy.