I make versions of this salad on a regular basis; not only is it super tasty, but it’s really quick and easy to rustle up. It’s also a great lunch box filler for those looking for an alternative work lunch to sandwiches – although if you’re trying to be healthy I would stay away from the croutons, as these little spicy bites are aren’t what I would call ‘diet friendly’ – but they are so worth it!
For the croutons
- 2 slices bread – sliced into 1inch cubes
- 2-3 tbsp chilli oil
For the Salad
- 2 handful mixed salad leaves
- 6 grilled peppers (either done yourself or out a jar)
- Cucumber – sliced
- 1 carrot – grated
- 400g tin mixed bean salad
- 120g tin tuna – drained
- ¼ red onion – very finely sliced
- 60g feta cheese – crumbled
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 heap tsp honey
Pre-heat the oven to 200’C
Toss the bread in the chilli oil and place in the oven for 5-7 minutes until crispy and golden
Remove from the oven and set aside while you prep the remaining salad
Mix all the ingredients together for your salad and in an old jar shake up the ingredients for the dressing.
Plate up the salad, throwing in the croutons and then drizzle over the dressing before devouring.