Tis the season to be jolly and eat soup! I am a bit of a soup addict and at this time of year I am also a mince pie, cheeseboard and chocolate addict so what better way to wash down those festive naughties than with lots of homemade soup?! This recipe is also extra special if you top it off with a scoop of Camembert left taken from your must have Christmas cheese selection!
– 1 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion – roughly chopped
– 1 large garlic clove, crushed
– 2 medium potatoes – cut into cubes
– 1.2 ltrs stock (I used some that I made from a roast gammon but you could also use chicken or vegetable)
– 500g frozen peas
– 100g mixture of rocket, spinach and fresh basil
– 5 bacon rashes – cooked until crispy enough to snap.
– Camembert – to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions and gently fry for 5 minutes until the onions have softened. cook gently for 5 minutes, until the onion has softened.
Add the garlic and stir for a minute until slightly golden
Add the potatoes and stock, bring to the boil and then simmer until the potato is cooked (15-20 minutes).
Add the peas and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the rocket mix until it has wilted
Remove from heat and let it cool before breaking up and adding the bacon and then blitzing until smooth with a blender.
Return to a gentle heat and season to taste. Serve topped with a good dollop of camembert to make it extra tasty